Mitsuhiro Yuasa provides an update regarding the current macroeconomic environment in the Japanese equity markets and how he and his team are positioning the Fund accordingly, with a focus on growth stocks with a bias towards construction and those companies that have the potential to benefit as a result of the structural societal changes in a post-COVID-19 world.
During the webinar, Mitsuhiro provides insight on the following:
- The portfolio’s increased cash position to soften the sharp drawdown at the beginning of the pandemic, with the portfolio, focused on quality growth stocks.
- Top holdings in the last six months and the rationale behind the addition of Information & Communication stocks.
- A dramatic change in the lifestyle of Japanese people since COVID-19 resulting in a shift in allocation.
- >50-year-old infrastructure woes and natural disasters lead to investment in infrastructure.
- Maintaining a balanced portfolio for 2H 2020, as volatility expected to continue due to pandemic and rising geopolitical tensions.
Recorded on 22nd July 2020 by Mitsuhiro Yuasa on BrightTALK.
Require further information about the Strategic Japan Opportunities Fund? Please contact:
+44 1481 742380
The views and statements contained herein are those of Rheos Capital Works Inc in their capacity as Investment Adviser to the Fund as of 22/07/20 and are based on internal research and modelling. Please click on Disclaimer Page to view full disclaimers.